General Category > News

Advice, please

<< < (2/2)

Neo Pain:
Spankyhead and I had this conversation not too long ago.

I agree with the Facebook angle. It is the best way to get a huge player base as a web browser game. From there it can get bigger.

Free to play. This is by far becoming one of the most popular concepts in gaming now. League of Legends is the BIGGEST online game... bigger than WoW because it is free to play. They make their money on non game impacting sales. They (and I) agree that if you can use money to buy things it shouldn't be to give yourself an advantage over those who cannot afford to buy shinies. Even as I say that i could see selling small packs of cards with maybe up to uncommon rarity (like MtG). Cards that would help build a deck but not be game changers in themselves.  League of Legends sale the new champions and different skins that are available for all the champions. But if you are like me and are monetarily challenged then you can earn in game "money" to buy champions. And even if you don't buy them all you still get opportunities to play them thanks to there being a "free" rotation of the champions you can use. Sooner or later you can play everyone. 

Something that I would also like to see if the negative mig rules slightly changed. IMO maybe make it where you can have 1-2 of your spirits protected in the deck(s) that you use. And perhaps another 2-3 protected spirits in your population. But that can be discussed later on...

TwistedMe:
100% agree.
"Non-game impacting sales" is a term I've heard and I'm a fan!  If the CORE is free and you get a large enough player base, selling "extras", "add-ons", "rarities"... can result in HUGE amounts of cash... NO DOUBT.  But... I feel like we're ahead of the "game" here... Without a doubt, SpiritWars is a fantastic game.  I have NO doubt that it will be a HUGE success on Facebook.  However, it seems like the game is not ready for release.... What do we need to make happen?  That's where I'm at a loss.... Getting a game on Facebook appears to be a relatively simple process... is getting the game programmed properly really THAT difficult?  In my mind, all the "basics" are there... the creative side... the mechanics... the gameplay... all of this is polished... it just needs to be "updated"... correct?  How painfully difficult can that be? I have ZERO experience with programming... BUT... if I had an idea for an awesome game... and in fact, had YEARS of game play behind it... I would think finding someone to re-program it would be a piece of cake?  Well... ok... not a PIECE of cake.. but cake, none-the-less.... Is there cost involved?  Sure!  Will there be profit from the investment?  Yes... yes there will be... If you build it... they will play... if they play it... they will pay... This game is TOO good to NOT unleash it! 

Lyn Chase:
Another update: Just wanted to let you all know that I have begun the process of talking to programmers.  I've spoken to two so far.  Although neither of them could do what's needed, both said they knew programmers who might be interested in the project.  I will continue the process, but I work during the day, so it's hard to find time to make the contacts during business hours.  I anticipate having a little extra time on Monday.  If you are a SpiritWars player and know programmers who program in both Visual Basic and Java, please send them my way.
                            Lyn

TwistedMe:
Awesome!  Let me know if you need any help looking!  (see message)

Vampira:
Help is always needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version