General Category > SpiritWars Discussion

What you would like to see in a new SW

<< < (3/3)

cbrooks:
I am planning on keeping all of the original maps and retro spirits but staying 100% to the original game probably won't yield a substantial player base.  There has to be new features, mechanics, modes and an updated GUI to make it desirable to new players. 

As far as the PTW model goes it can be done right if you allow a full path to success that a player could achieve without paying.  For example, you can earn gold or you can buy gold. Either way "Booster" packs cost gold.   The paying player does not gain anything over the nonpaying player other than time.
For example, I play Hearthstone and have never purchased a card yet consistently I am in the high rankings by the end of any season (a month).  The game stays balanced regardless of whether I purchased cards or earned them.  I just have to do my daily quests and grind a bit to get gold to buy packs.

Games that force you to pay to win or you have to beg your friends to win are definitely a blight on gamers everywhere :) but the free to play with minor perks for paying is fine as long as you provide a path to win for everyone. You should never penalize your players for not paying.

That said this will be a subscription model if it ever gets completed so it is a mute point :)

Targeting multiple platforms is definitely the way I plan on going.  Phased in approach but eventually we may support all browsers, pc, mac, ios, android, windows store, xbox and hopefully ps4.  No Wii U or 3DS. Sorry Nintendo :)  I have been working with Unity 3d a lot as of late and though this is a 2d game it will do nicely.

Thanks,
Chris

Lotar:
Another thought I had was based on how Galaxy Online II handled auxillary income.  They had character "cards" that had special abilities, etc... that you could buy with points, particiapate in weekly events (random draw style), or trade in an open market.  the last point was what made it such a draw.  You could sell the 'cards' to other players which is what drove the majority of trading.  As long as you have ways to earn the currency that doesn't involve having to buy it (if not for very small amounts) then you fit into the concept of a game that is possible to win without buying into it.  The free market was great as people would earn items in the game and then sell them to generate currency to buy what they wanted.  Just another thought...

cbrooks:
This sounds similar to Steam Badges.  Not a bad idea.

Vampira:
still working on it...if so contact me... please more than willing to help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version