General Category > SpiritWars Discussion

Progress

<< < (2/4) > >>

cbrooks:
Of course you were an integral part and still are. 

I have started development of the game using the Unity game engine.  This is the same engine Blizzard uses for Hearthstone so it should be adequate to the task :)  It is an amazing tool and has its own homegrown flavor of c#.

Thanks,
Chris

Lotar:
Hi everyone...

I'd love to help convert files, and also use photoshop.  However, I'm finishing my MBA while working full-time, so I can't commit much time until the holidays.  I'll keep an eye on the message boards and chime in when I can.  Many thanks for your efforts and please keep us updated.

cbrooks:
This week I was able to create the initial splash screen in Unity complete with the screeching fanfare :)  I am now working on the initial landing/navigation screen.  It is from here that you will get to your Valhalla/Dungeon setup, the game lobby, credits etc. etc.

Unity can be a bit finicky at times and their homegrown flavor of C# leaves a lot to be desired.   I am currently using the free version which shows a unity splash screen when the game launches.  Once we get closer to a finished, polished game I'll move over to the pro version.  As far as sprites, materials, textures and meshes I am using placeholders on the most part.  I expect the finished artwork to be much more refined but it is a start.

There is much work left to do but it is coming along. Next week I will be hiking in Watkins Glen, Ny and will not be working on Spirit Wars but Ill work on it again after I get back.
http://nysparks.com/parks/142/details.aspx

Chris

Lotar:
cool... I don't live far from there.  I do track my car there sometimes.  Hope you enjoyed it!

cbrooks:
Yeah, it was nice.  I hiked the gorge trail up and the indian trail back.  Didn't do the south rim or the lovers lane trails.  Maybe next time :)  This is the first post I have seen in this forum since 8/17 :(  This fills me with a bit of apprehension about continuing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version