Author Topic: Progress???  (Read 6214 times)

Lyn Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Progress???
« on: September 24, 2013, 09:48:37 PM »
For the last six weeks, Eric and I have had a programmer reviewing SpiritWars code.  We will meet with him in the first week of October to discuss his findings.  Stay tuned for updates here.  (And wish us luck!)

Psyclone

• View Profile
Re: Progress???
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 02:07:57 PM »
Good luck! 

I keep checking back in here every once in a while because I fell in love with this game back in 1998-99 shortly after it came online and played it for 7 or 8 years until it was taken down.  Over the years I have tried and played hundreds of online CCG's.  The best CCG's I have played have been the hybrids that combine CCG's with Board Games (map).  I have only played a handful of CCG's that were also board games similar to SpiritWars, but SpiritWars was clearly the best of those. The random maps and Fog of War are so much better than the vanilla CCG's with the boring battlefields that most CCG's have where you just drop a creature card onto a board position or lane.  There's so much more strategy with the map, terrain (homelands), castle, etc, that is lacking in regular CCG's that will be a fresh and welcomed feature to many new players.

I think SpritWars was a game well before its time.  Back when this game first came online, we were still connecting to the internet via 56kbps modems and there were barely over 100 million people online worldwide, now there's over 3 billion.  Online CCG's weren't popular at the time and probably because not many people knew about them or had played any of them at the time. Nowadays even the crappiest of online CCG's have thousands of players.

I really think this game, which came online about 15 years ago, is still the best online CCG I've ever played BY FAR and would be incredibly popular.  I hope you can get this game back online again in the near future because I think it would be a huge success with very minimal modifications (mostly graphical and UI updates).

Lyn, I've talked to you on the phone before in the past (a few years ago) and at the time I wasn't sure if I had the time or programming experience to try to revive the game.  If things don't work out with the programmers you're talking to, please let me know.  I would be interested in giving it a shot or helping out in any way possible to get the game back online.

Once again, good luck and I hope all is well with you and your family.

Vampira

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 11:33:46 PM »
There is some help and question is what can u  do to help....=)

QueenSuccubus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 10:25:17 AM »
I keep checking to see what might be any progress.  Is there still something in the works?