Author Topic: New Spirit Gallery  (Read 3748 times)

Psyclone

• View Profile
New Spirit Gallery
« on: December 03, 2013, 12:22:54 PM »
Back in 2001 I made a massive spreadsheet with all the spirits and filters.  I shared it with Randy and a few other players, but never posted it online anywhere since it wasn't as easy to do back then.  About a year ago I posted it on Google docs or something like that and had a link to it somewhere in this forum. 

With the new beta coming and after visiting ShaoLin's Spirit Gallery again a couple weeks ago, I figured that it would be nice to get some kind of Spirit Gallery online so I created a new Spirit Gallery.  It was a free domain, but there doesn't seem to be any annoying advertisements other than the small bar at the bottom which is hardly noticeable.

I basically uploaded several images of the spreadsheet.  You can view the spirits by Homeland and Type (energy, combat, defender, spell).  I used photoshop to update the resolution of almost all of the icons. Hope that is ok Lyn.

I had trouble reducing the spreadsheet in size as there's a lot of columns of information.  I was able to get it down to 1366 pixels wide though which should be viewable without a horizontal scrollbar on most laptops and desktops.  It probably won't look as good on tablets or cell phones since it will be too wide.  Anyways, here's the link...

http://psyclone625.wix.com/spiritgallery

Just a heads up, since I was restricted to using their web builder software instead of my own, I was limited to only being able to use basic buttons and images.  Therefore, when you press a button to search by type or homeland it loads a new page.  It loads pretty fast, but sometimes you have to wait a second or two before pressing another button.  It's really only noticeable at the start when you choose a spirit type and homeland and not really that big of a deal.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do much else as I would have liked to have had more filtering options, but it still gets the job done.

Please let me know if you find any errors, issues, mistakes, etc.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:29:12 PM by Psyclone »