Author Topic: Happy New Year!  (Read 5740 times)

Lyn Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Happy New Year!
« on: January 01, 2014, 07:16:22 PM »
  Happy New Year to my SpiritWars family!  I'm sorry that I've been silent for quite a few weeks.  Please don't give up on the rebirth of SpiritWars.  We are still working on it.
  When the websites for the new national health care program did not debut as scheduled, I just smiled and thought back to the projects I watched Randy develop and reflected on how software has complexities that, apparently, the designers, programmers and developers cannot anticipate.  I was neither surprised nor put off by the delays.  I was certainly aghast that the country was so angry and disgusted.  A project of such magnitude was bound to experience delays and glitches.  What should have happened, though, was  a concerted effort to develop solutions,  even if they were not elegant, and a populace willing to recognize that such an immense change cannot happen overnight.  I remember watching Randy agonize over bugs that did not  respond to his repairs, delays over which he had little control, hardware failures.  How I wish he were here to expound on the situation with his gentle humor and his insightful observations!  February 20th will mark the five year anniversary of his death.
  I challenge us all to march into 2014 with resolve to accomplish our goals, to make the world a better place, to seek out the lonely and bring them friendship, to find those who are hurting and bring them comfort, to find problems and fix them, to grow intellectually, emotionally and spiritually.  Please know that you are all important to me.
                      Love,   Lyn (aka Mom)

TwistedMe

• View Profile
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:49:22 AM »
Happy New Year!

Here's hoping 2014 brings us all together playing SpiritWars!
 ;D

liquidies

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 08:23:39 AM »
Happy New Year, I know coding and bugs are nightmares. Please dont give up I think about Spirit Wars everyday now that I know its coming. :)

Vampira

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 11:23:31 PM »
New Year has passed and is over... and I am here,,,, CHOMP CHOMP! luv ya all.