Author Topic: An Angel Among Us!  (Read 9873 times)

Lyn Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
An Angel Among Us!
« on: May 29, 2014, 09:03:48 PM »
Dear SpiritWars family,
  We have an angel among us!  While I hope Randy is looking down on us and smiling, he is not the angel to whom I'm referring right now.  A few weeks ago, Chris Brooks, a former player, contacted me to offer his condolences.  He had just learned of Randy's death.  Chris explained that he and Randy had often discussed the "architecture" of SpiritWars as Chris is a software developer and programmer.  Chris has offered to REWRITE SpiritWars!  We signed an agreement a couple of days ago and Chris has already begun to work his magic!  He would like your input.  Please post any thoughts you have here about the game.  Does anyone know if there is  some sort of service that would allow us to have a meeting on-line?  We could plan a time that would be convenient for Chris and everyone who wanted to attend could do so.  And I wouldn't even have to vacuum and dust before the meeting!  I  would, however, make cyber cookies just like I used to back in the early days of SpiritWars.  Please post your thoughts here!
              Love, Lyn   (aka Mom)
PS:  The font I've used here is MS Comic Sans because it was Randy's favorite.

Imprimis

• View Profile
Re: An Angel Among Us!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 09:16:26 PM »
Another glimmer of hope. Please don't make the game pay to win. There is far to much of that in the gaming market right now. While I understand that monetization must be an issue, PTW is not fit for a game that the spirit of Spirit Wars represents.

Neo Pain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 07:40:14 PM »
Yay!

I don't know about how big a meeting you are looking for but I know Skype does some video calls. And Mumble has a nice voice chat capabilities.

Lotar

• What's the time?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 06:19:04 AM »
Fantastic!!  I occassionally visit the site for news just hoping to hear this.  Best of luck, and let us know how you need help.

-Lotar
... it's time to get ill!

Char

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 03:38:22 PM »
Yay! Has there been any progress?

unclefester

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 01:23:25 PM »
 8) Sorry to hear of randy I have been in limbo here in Missouri for the last 5 years due to blindness issues. My condolences he is missed.  do miss the game.      John    8)

Jethro_Nurffhurder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 11:41:02 AM »
I hadn't played SpiritWars in years and went looking to see if it was still active. I am formerly Sir Ergo if anyone remembers me. Anyway, I am sorry to hear of Randy's death.

While I am not a programmer, I am a network guy, so if I can help out with the resurrection of the game in anyway, you have but to ask and I will offer my services and knowledge gladly. I used to love this game, and would love to see it again.

tRu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 09:05:10 PM »
Lyn,

Every now and then I type in Spiritwars.com  just to see if it's still here.  I hold my breath while it loads, silently asking that it still be there as having it come up as a 404 would be too painful. Too many hours spent there to forget it easily.

I was very shocked and saddened to hear of Randy's passing and would like to pass along my much belated condolences at this time. 

I do hope that work is still continuing on a revamp of the game.  The internet is such a different place now than it was 17 years ago. Is it really that long?

I have moved to Macs over the years, but would gladly pick up a windows box to  be able to play again.

I remember Randy's favourite font and I've taken a lot of flack for using it over the years but it's still my favourite for chatting :) 

Do take care and hope all is well

tRu (sharon)

Kersus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 11:44:15 AM »
I look forward to this game returning. I am also one who periodically searches to see if it's back.

Vampira

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 11:21:53 PM »
Those of us that live forever are back ... ..and i do NOT die or give up. :-*