Author Topic: Cautious optimism  (Read 6176 times)

Lyn Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cautious optimism
« on: May 19, 2016, 09:54:35 PM »
Hello Friends,
      I have something to share with you.  We are going to try once again to wake up the spirits.  Two former players have joined my son Eric, my friend Bill and me to form a team to attempt once more to bring back the game.  This is the first time we will use a team approach.  I am cautiously optimistic that we will make progress over the coming months.  Please watch for progress reports here.
        Love, Lyn (aka Mom) 

Light

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cautious optimism
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 10:50:23 PM »
Hello everyone!  I'm one of the former players Lyn made reference to.  I'm excited to be part of the team working on this project, and will be working mostly on the infrastructure/hardware side of things. 

We will be providing weekly updates on our progress, so please make sure to check back here for the latest news.  If you have any thoughts, ideas, or concerns to share, please do so.  The more feedback we can get from the playerbase, especially at this early stage, the more consideration we can give to all of it. 

Light

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 05:28:22 AM »
As promised, here is the latest report on our last meeting.  I'm afraid that none of this is terribly exciting, as the meeting was just a mundane follow up, meant to ensure that we're all on the same page and have our tasks in mind going forward.  That said, I want to ensure that we regularly update the committed playerbase on a weekly basis, even if the updates aren't earth-shattering. 

At the moment, we're still working on very general concepts, such as general layout and overall game design, rather than in-game specifics.  Future meetings should definitely be more productive and allow us to provide more interesting updates, so please stay tuned!

Psyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 12:59:36 PM »
Lyn and Light,

I'd be glad to help out in my free time if I can.  Is there anything that any of us can help with or contribute?

My undergrad was in Aerospace Engineering and I know some programming and have a little experience with databases and website design, but not sure if any of it would be enough to be helpful.

Please let me know if I can help in any way!

Lyn Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 09:20:38 PM »
Hi Psyclone!
 I'm happy to hear from you!  Right now our team of six is working to stabilize our plan.  We all have regular jobs or school so things cannot move at the pace we would like.  Right now, the best thing you could do is to help us get the word out that there are messages to be read here.  I would like our SpiritWars family to know that we are trying once more to bring the game back, but because I was unsuccessful in my previous attempts, visits to this message board are rare.  If you have any suggestions, please let us know.  Our team is meeting every week  using Skype because some of us are West coasters and the rest are East coasters.  When I have permission from the team, I will introduce them here.  I do not want to spread false hopes; we must remain cautious.  But there is reason for me to believe that we have a better chance now than we did with any of the other attempts.

Vampira

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 11:16:17 PM »
HEY all ... HI LIGHT! long time no see ... my bulb was burnt out.... =( contact me.