Author Topic: Will I be able to buy and sell spirits (playing pieces)?  (Read 5655 times)

Lyn Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Will I be able to buy and sell spirits (playing pieces)?
« on: October 26, 2013, 10:47:45 AM »
No.  Randy was committed to a fair and level playing field and he felt that a player's financial status should NOT give him/her a playing advantage.  We will be retaining the subscription model.

Some of you worried about me and my future and encouraged me to implement the "other" model to generate more revenue.  Thank you for caring.  While I hope to make some money with the game, there is another element as well.  It is a labor of love, a tribute to Randy.  I want to honor his vision.

Psyclone

• View Profile
Re: Will I be able to buy and sell spirits (playing pieces)?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
Yay!

I know I was one of the people who was talking about other possible revenue models, but one of the features I liked the most about the subscription model was that everyone had completely unique collections and you didn't see very many identical decks.  Of course you always see a lot of the common/uncommon cards like Spotted Leopards, Barbarian Raiders, Arabian Knights, etc, but the rare cards were pretty rare and a lot of them were pretty fun and unique to build your decks around.  I think you see a lot more variety with the subscription model, including within your own collection.  I was the kind of player that enjoyed resetting my population every 30 days no matter what because I enjoyed the variety.

Jakers

• Life Is All About Timing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:26:08 PM »
Bravo. I've long felt the same way about players buying their dungeons.  I would hope for some sort of new character reward based on playing. Just a thought.
"Drugs will get you thru times of no money,
But money will NOT get you thru times of no drugs"

-The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

Vampira

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 12:41:56 AM »
Love it can't wait to see more and post more ideas ....you never know what can happen!