Author Topic: Wewt!  (Read 18582 times)

JDizzle

• View Profile
Wewt!
« on: September 06, 2012, 06:48:29 PM »
Sooo glad to see some activity here :D I have been fairly regularly checking the website for any signs of life. Saddly, I am of no use on the programming needs, but I will certainly be a player again when things are up and running!

Lyn Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Wewt!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 08:01:01 PM »
Hi JDizzle.  Thank you so much for your enthusiasm!  Eric and I are doing our best, but it's like slogging through molasses to get anything done.  I now have the trademark on SpiritWars again.  It expired after Randy's death and I didn't act fast enough, so we had to apply as if it were a new trademark.  But we did it and now I own it again in the "games" category.  Right now our challenge is figuring out how to do a mass e-mailing.  Randy had a large database of e-mail addresses, but we don't know how to send a message out to such a large group yet.  May I ask what your player name was?  Although I didn't play, I was in the chat rooms as Mom.

ekoms

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »
I too have been regularly checking the web site to see if the game was back up and running. I am very excited to see things moving forward! I took a long absence from the game after my son was born, but periodically relive league and members play in my head.

I was very saddened to learn of your loss. Randy was such a great person in my eyes. A great clean game that could be a family affair!

I work in IT, not much of a programmer myself, a little web stuff, but I know a few who may can help.

I manage a few small web sites that use mailing lists, if I can be of any help please let me know!

Persephone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 11:48:50 AM »
I'm so excited at the possibility of the game coming back! I have so many great memories of SpiritWars and I would so very much love to be able to play again. I hope you find someone to help you soon, Lyn.

Kijkej

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 04:37:03 PM »
Hello JDizzle, Ekoms, Mom, and Persephone! Glad to see everyone!! I too miss SpiritWars and am in full support and excitement of the game coming back! - My user name was Kijkej!  :)

Nat

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 08:06:24 PM »
Welcome to the forums, folks! Good to see so much activity already.

vixtion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 05:39:34 AM »
Hello Everyone

Great to see this gmae coming back.  This was one of my favorite games back in the day and I miss it.  can't wait to play it again.

Vixtion.

Eloi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 10:43:06 AM »
Hi!

I used to play this game in the free side. It was amazing!

Hope it comes back soon!

Congrats,

Eloi

Minmaxer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 09:02:34 AM »
Some of you may remember me... I used to play extensively and SpiritWars kept me sane (and awake in class) while going to college.  I'm not sure how many thousands of games I played, but I frequently check into SpiritWars and I'm glad to see that there is a forum up and running!

I have a Computer Science degree, and work as a programmer.  I'm willing to help where I can, but I don't have the free time to make any major commitments.  You can definitely count on me as a member when things are up and running again.  I hope to see some familiar names again!

Minmaxer

Lyn Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 12:49:25 PM »
Hi Minmaxer!  I'm so glad to see you here!  And if I haven't expressed to everybody  how happy I am to see ALL of you here, please forgive me.  I've very grateful for your support.
            Lyn

Neo Pain

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 06:22:15 PM »
People that I have missed! Wow I have missed this place. Spankyhead and I talk about SW all the time how we both miss it. He should be getting on sometime in the new future... I keep bugging him but he is forgetful lol.

Those who don't know me I started when SW was still on the WON network of gaming. Back when free version was sick lol. Became a member shortly after that and played for a long time. Man I have missed this game.

ekoms

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 11:21:40 AM »
Welcome back brother! Add some bugging to that guy from me.......he never seems to respond to yahoo

People that I have missed! Wow I have missed this place. Spankyhead and I talk about SW all the time how we both miss it. He should be getting on sometime in the new future... I keep bugging him but he is forgetful lol.

Those who don't know me I started when SW was still on the WON network of gaming. Back when free version was sick lol. Became a member shortly after that and played for a long time. Man I have missed this game.

Deancy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 02:14:22 AM »
Hello all . Got an email today from Spiritwars that got me thinking and brought me here . Been a long , long time . Lots of good memories . Just wanna say hi from me and all the C clan .

Forgestone

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 04:36:09 AM »
Hi, all. I'm very glad to see this game might be coming back. I played back in the late 90's on the WON network and on the payside for a while also. My username, (I think) was Forgestone. I am a graphic designer, so I might can help with some of the designs and such if needed. Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer, although I do have a few friends who might be interested. I'll let you know. On a personal note, I'm sorry for your loss, Mrs. Chase. Back in the early days, Randy and I talked quite a bit about 60's music, and he introduced me to some great bands, which remain important to me to this day. I would love to see the game come back and play again. One of the options you might want to consider for funding is Kickstarter. Lots of musicians use it, but I think its also for other projects.

Best wishes and best of luck.

ron259

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 07:53:24 AM »
wow i dont know how many times i clicked of spirtwars still have it installed lol moved it from computer to computer.i think i played under ron259 but not sure.what i remember is how friendly everyone was here.i played both free and payed side.was real friendly with love and her husband i know they split.heck i even sent them a computer and monitor and payed the shipping from NY to COLO. lol would love to see this game back up and running.